Dr.Yugal K Mishra is one of the renowned Robotic & minimally invasive heart surgeon in Asia and presently working as a Director, Department of Cardiovascular Surgery at Fortis Escorts Heart Institute & Research Centre, Okhla Road, New Delhi.
He performed more than 500 robotic cases in India and overall more than 19,000 plus Surgery, which includes minimally invasive cardiac surgery,port access approach (keyhole) for valve surgery, Atrial septal defect (ASD) closure,carotid artery endarterectomy,aortic aneurysms,Extra corporal life support,cardiac arrhythmia surgery,total arterial revascularization,minimally invasive coronary artery surgery on beating heart, Bentall's operation with excellent result. He has also founded the Robotic Cardiac Surgery Program at Escorts Heart Institute and he performed more than 500 successful robotic surgery.
- MBBS - S. S. Medical College Rewa, (M.P.) - 1980
- MS (Surgery) - S. S. Medical College Rewa, (M.P.) - 1984
- PhD - Cardiovascular Surgery - Bakulev Institute of Cardiovascular Surgery, Moscow, Russia - 1984
- Attending Cardiac Surgeon, Escorts Heart Institute and Research Centre, New Delhi, India from 14.12.991 – 31.12.95
- Junior Consultant Cardiac Surgery, Escorts Heart Institute and Research Centre, New Delhi, India from 01.01.96 – 31.12.1999
- Consultant Cardiac Surgeon, Escorts Heart Institute and Research Centre, New Delhi, India from 01.01.99 – 31.03.2001
- Senior Consultant Cardiac Surgeon, Escorts Heart Institute and Research Centre, New Delhi, India from 01.04.2001 – 31.03.2005
- Principal Consultant Cardiovascular Surgery in Escorts Heart Institute and Research Centre, Okhla Road, New Delhi India from 01.04.2005 – 14.01.2006.
- Director Cardiovascular and minimally invasive cardiac surgery at Max Heart & Vascular Institute, Saket, New Delhi from 15.1.2006 to 1.7.2006.
Fellowship / Membership:
- Fellowship (CTVS) from University Hospital Upsala, Sweden
- Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery from University Hospital Utrecht Netherland
- Robotic Cardiac Surgery training from University Hospital Utrecht Netherland
- Robotic Cardiac Surgery training from Odessa Texas, USA
- Robotic MidCAB Surgery training from Columbia University Medical Centre, USA
- Robotic Cardiac Surgery training from Ohio State University Columbus Medical Centre, USA
- Special Course in Endoscopic IMA harvesting from Institute of Telesurgery, University of Strasbourg, France.
- Minimally access Valve Surgery (Heart Post-surgery or Keyhole surgery) from heart port Research and Training Centre in Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Awards and achievements:
- Rashtriya Ratan Award by International Study Circle in 2005
- Lifetime Achievement Award by World Congress on Clinical and Preventive Cardiology (WCCPC) conferred by Dr.A. P. J. Abdul Kalam in 2006.
- Honoris Causa Doctorate (Doctor of Science) conferred by Governor of Madhya Pradesh and Chancellor of Rani Durgavati Vishwavidyalaya.
Robotic Cardiac Surgery, Heart Transplant, LVAD (Left Ventricular Assist Device), TAVI (Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation), Port Access Cardiac Surgery, Multi-vessel coronary artery bypass surgery, Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery, Mitral valve replacement(MVR), Aortic valve replacement(AVR), Atrial fibrillation surgery, Cardiac tumors removal, Congenital heart defects, Redo Valve and Coronary Surgeries, Bentall Surgery, LV Aneurysm repair, Aneurysmectomy, Aortic Aneurysm repair, Vascular Surgery, Aortic aneurysm repair, Peripheral Bypass Surgery, Varicose Veins – Laser, RFA, Surgery, Dialysis access procedures – fistula, grafts, Carotid endarterectomy